Duplicate contacts on Android Smart phones, Now a days many people are feeling ridiculous about this issue in their android phones. Even i have this issue in Android device. Duplicate contacts mostly occur when you factory reset a device and sync contacts or change SIM and accidentally sync all contacts. Having duplicate contacts in your mobile phone can be frustrating especially when you are in hurry you might end up sending a text to someone’s old number or even messaging the wrong person altogether. Hence it is necessary to remove duplicate contacts on android phone. Here in this article we will let you know “how to delete duplicate contacts on android“.
Method 1: Remove duplicate contacts From the default Contacts App on Android:
This is the simplest method but Not All android mobiles come up with this feature(Most of the Android smart phones does).
- Access your Contacts app and tap on the menu button.
- From the menu, tap on “Merge accounts” and from next prompt tap on “Merge from Google“. From the next prompt, tap on “OK” and all your contacts will be merged.
Method 2: Remove duplicate contacts through Android Transfer Tool:
Android Transfer is the tool to used to delete duplicated contacts on Android. You can also use the program to import or export contacts between Android phone and computer.
- download android transfer tool for windows and Mac Computers from the following links.
- Run Android transfer tool on your Pc.After running the Android Transfer, then connect your Android phone to computer via USB cable.
- Turn to the left column and click the “Contacts” tab. Choose the “De-duplicate” on the menu bar to scan all the contacts on your Android phone.
- After the scanning, the duplicate contacts will appear in the pop-up window. Choose the wanted contacts to merge or delete, then choose a merge type as well as click “Merge Selected“. Finally, double check before merging and deleting.
Method 3: Remove duplicate contacts on android using a dedicated App:
- Download Simpler merge Duplicates App from the following link.
- Install it on your Android device.
- By using this app you can find all your duplicate contacts(like contacts with the same name).
- Once you found all possible merges then tap on merge button.
- Then the contacts with the same name will be deleted and only one copy will be left in your Android device.
- That’s it you have successfully deleted the duplicates contacts.
Hope this guide will help you to remove duplicate contacts from your android device. If you have any doubts/suggestions then feel free to comment in the below comments section. If you found this article helpful, then share it on social media with your friends.